Friday, October 20, 2006

It's Friday, R U wearing red??

It is friday, are you wearing red? There is a trend begining to form to wear red on fridays. It is a sign of support for our troops. I heard about it a while ago and began to look it up, it started with some military wives wanting to show support, and it just began to grow. I try to wear red on fridays as much as possible. Even for clinical i where my red scrubs. My supprt however is more than just wearing a certain t-shirt, i pray for those troops currently on tour, and those prepareing to go. I talked with a friend tonight who is currently in Afghanistan and the strories he told broke my heart. He is shot at DAILY, and in the 2 months that he has been there he has already lost fellow soliders, friends. I know more going over this winter, so yes it is personal for me, but come on these men and women deserve our support weither we know them or not. Each one is a son , a father, wife or friend. Lets keep em in our prayers!

No comments: